Braider’s Dozen Presents Thick & Thin
With Shirley Berlin. Registration opens August 1st. Class will start on August 7th. Presentation will be through our AKS online learning system with a separate discussion forum in Facebook.
Over the past 7 months, the response to our Braider’s Dozen classes has been overwhelming! We’re delighted that we’ve been able to create such a great resource for our members. The program has been SO popular that the classes have been filling up immediately, and many of our members have not been able to participate. So some good news for the next session: the class count will be larger, and we’re going to open registration up to members who have not been able to register for a class so far. The early registration window will be open from August 1st thru August 3rd, after which we will open registration for all members. If you have not registered for a class, please watch for an email with a special link to use to sign up. Please do not share the link!
Read more on the Thick and Thin Information page.
From our Blog
In the next few months, many of us are signed up for Kumihimo Classes at the Bead & Button Show and the AKS Gathering 2017. I’m also headed to Florida for a three-month stay where I plan to do a … Continue reading →
Braiding Events Calendar
The American Kumihimo Society is very excited to announce their first educational conference, Kumihimo Gathering 2017. The conference will offer three full days of classes in a variety of Kumihimo disciplines. Headlined by these acclaimed instructors, students will have an opportunity to learn a variety of techniques in both fiber and beaded braiding.
Gathering dates are October 20th, 21st, and 22nd. The event venue will be the Hilton Tampa Westshore Hotel, in Tampa, Florida.
- When: October 20th, 21st, & 22nd, 2017
- Where: Tampa, Florida: Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore
- Hotel room rate of $129* + taxes
- Free parking for hotel guests and conference attendees
- Free airport shuttle for hotel guests
- Reservations: 1-800-HILTONS – BE SURE to advise the agent that you are attending the “AKS Gathering conference” to obtain the special rates. IMPORTANT! Hotel space is limited and rates cannot be guaranteed. Reservations should be made beforeMarch 15th, 2017. We recommend that attendees book early! Reservations can be cancelled without penalty up to 48 hours before arrival.
- Click here for a complete listing of area hotels
Conference Fee & Inclusions:
- Registration opens February 1st, 2017, for AKS Members only
- $495 Early Bird Price for AKS Members through Feb 20th.
- Open Registration begins on February 21st
- Open Registration is $535 for AKS members, $560 for non-members
- Registration includes:
- 3 days of classes (kit fees and materials are NOT included)
- Lunch on all three class days
- Conference Publication