Instructor: Yin Guang
Q&A: Saturday, April 10th, 2021
4:00pm – 4:30pm Eastern Time
POB Tension: Download PDF
Class Instructions: Download PDF
Link to Class Forum
For the Lucky Fish Necklace, students will use satin cord, S-Lon cord and beads to create a lovely braided necklace with a fish focal center. A pearl will be placed on the center of the necklace to bring joy to life!
Students will learn how to braid the Kusari Tsunagi structure on a round foam disk and insert the bead segments of the fish as they braid. After completing this class, students will be able to create their own designs and add charms or other beads as a focal section.
Prerequisite: Some braiding experience on a round disk, but not required.
- 2 pc 72”-2mm satin cords & 2 pc 100”-S-Lon T210/0.5mm, tied together at the middle point. Purchase Link
- 20 g Miyuki 6/0 seed beads, or 172 beads
- Focal piece (2 fishes, 1 pc of 10mm shell pearl, 12 pc of 4mm hexagon titanium hematite)
- 1 pc end-cap magnetic clasp (end-cap inside diameter 5mm) – Purchase Link
- A paper template (included in the PDF instruction)
Student Supply List:
- A small round foam disk (4.25” with a 35 mm center hole)
- Bead Mat
- Big eye needle
- Sharp scissors
- Elmer’s glue
- Super glue gel or E6000