Instructor: Rebecca Combs
Class: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 1:30pm – 3:00pm Eastern Time
Zoom links will be added here for class.
Q&A session: Saturday, June 5, 2021, 11:45am – 12:15pm Eastern Time
The Diamondback may look complicated, but it’s actually very straight-forward. Building on a base braid of beaded kongoh gumi, you’ll stitch a simple fire polished embellishment on each side to create this stunning necklace with intriguing geometric designs. In addition to making a three-dimensional embellished braid, this class offers students an opportunity to learn techniques that can be used in future projects:
- Using a simple counted pattern to create a beaded base for embellishment
- Double-Needle Cross-Weave
Prerequisite: Proficiency making a beaded kongoh gumi braid on the disk or marudai.
All needed materials will be listed in complete detail when registration closes. Students will be able to provide their own materials to create the necklace as shown in their choice of bead colors.
Project can be made on a round disk or a marudai
Makes one necklace up to 23 inches long:
- ~16 yards Superlon micro
- ~11 grams size 11⁰ Delicas
- ~4 grams size 8⁰ demi rounds
- ~8 grams size 15⁰ seed beads
- ~196 3mm fire polished beads – color A (FPA)
- ~196 3mm fire polished beads – color B (FPB)
- One-G or KO beading thread
- E6000 glue
- 1 set 5mm endcaps
- magnetic clasp with jump rings
- 2 big-eye needles
Kit includes: Miyuki and Toho seed beads, Czech fire polished beads, braiding cord, beading thread, magnetic clasp, endcap, and jump rings.
All kits are sold out.