The mission of the American Kumihimo Society (AKS) is to deepen the appreciation of the art of braiding and encourage creativity by providing educational resources, support and connections for the braiding community worldwide.
We provide educational opportunities for braid artists of all skill levels that includes:
- AKS Online Learning Center – A series of pre-recorded classes and tutorials.
- AKS Gatherings – In-person and virtual braiding conferences with classes taught by internationally renown instructors and experts.
- Gathering Threads – The annual journal of the American Kumihimo Society mailed free to our members.
- Juried virtual exhibitions and contests
The American Kumihimo Society (AKS) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in January of 2016 incorporated in the state of Florida.
- President: Adrienne Gaskell
- Vice President: Giovanna Imperia
- Secretary: Kim Tamarin
- Treasurer: Sherri Hodnefield
- Board Member: Carol Benner
- Board Member: Jane Peterson
- Board Member: Janis Saunders
- Board Member: Cherie MacArthur
- Board Member: Margaret Hunter
Contact a Board Member [email protected]
Apply to be a Board Member (link to form)
American Kumihimo Society
P O Box 7435
Saint Petersburg, FL 33734
AKS organizational documents are available to paying members upon request.