The AKS Gathering is a unique event designed specifically for kumihimo enthusiasts. It is a place to learn new techniques, to reinforce the fundamentals, and enjoy the camaraderie of others who share the same passion for kumihimo.
- Three full days of classes with acclaimed instructors including Makiko Tada, Jacqui Carey, Giovanna Imperia, Adrienne Gaskell, and others!
- Informative and educational presentations each morning before class.
- Small teacher to student ratio.
- Complimentary lunch buffet on class days.
- The Gathering Place, where attendees can get together during a non-class time to braid and socialize.
Questions and other information contact Margaret Jeppesen
The 2017 Inaugural AKS Gathering was a resounding success! 71 participants from around the country joined 10 outstanding instructors for 3 heavenly days of braiding in a comfortable, accommodating environment in Tampa, Florida. Participants had twenty-two classes to choose from offering a variety of learning opportunities in many forms of braiding and braid design, at skill levels from beginner to advanced.