Reply To: Questions, Comments, or Photographs for Discussion on Textural Braids Octo Plate

Winding Anda, used 2 strands of Habu Textiles, silk wrapped stainless steal.

This thread was too fine for learning this braid, so I would not recommend!  The braid is about 1/2 inch wide.

I had a couple comments that might help others in making this braid:

• I was surprised it was more comfortable and faster to hold braid/plate with right hand and manage thread/bobbins with left hand, especially because I am right handed.  This is the opposite of what I would have expected.  Curious if others are using their non-dominant hand to move thread/tamas.
  • You have to braid a bit before you start seeing how the braid orientation changes.  I developed a simple rule to decide which repeat I was on (assuming 4 repeats: 2 repeats, rotate 180, 2 repeats), let’s call them repeats A-D.  If the braid was hanging straight down, perpendicular to the plate, then you just finished the 1st repeat of that orientation (so A or C), so you should do 1 more repeat before rotating 180.  If the braid was at an angle, you should rotate the card so the braid is pointing to the left, before you start your 1st repeat at this orientation.

Clear as mud?