Beaded Braid Challenge Forum

• Creator
    Topic

For use by AKS members participating in the 2021 Braid Challenge. Please do NOT create new threads inside this Class Forum.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

Set up for first attempt to use Yin’s graph and 7-strand ‘Fill the gap’ braid that included a very large feature bead in the center of the feature section.  The large bead completely hung out of the braid structure on the first iteration.

View from the top

Beginner’s Big BooBoo:   In the first iteration, the large stripey feature bead was strung on cord 4, 8th position at the central bead position.    Next attempt:  Eliminate all beads on all cords in the 8th position of the focal section.  String only the first half of the beads. Braid to the central point.  Run all cords through the big hole in the large stripey feature bead.  Then load the second half of the beads.

Results better.  Big stripey bead now hangs well in the braid with all cords running through it.  Note however, the black cubes which were supposed to fall in the main row of the focal section didn’t quite make it.

nice braid!….love that black and white focal. i took a lot of notes when i was working with this grid pattern. and i had a lot of misplaced beads in the beginning, but that’s the great thing, you can unbraid and start again.

Point of Braiding, for what it’s worth.

Final Beaded Black & White 7-strand braid with acrylic magnetic clasp.  Sadly, the cubes did not align as planned in the focal section.  (Sorry I blew it, Yin.)

Final Black & White Beaded Necklace, 7-Strand with Large Focal Bead in Focal Section.

Tina. I love your braid!  Perfect for B/W challenge. And it looks great with the striped shirt.

Work in progress

Kongoh Gumi braid work in progress.

Finished braid

Here’s a photo of my finished braid using variety of beads in many sizes. Added a hint of lustre grey and Gold opal beads. Keeping the tension right was little challenging.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.