Class Questions

• Creator
    Topic

Ask questions about instructions and materials.  Questions regarding instructions that are posted prior to class will be answered during the live class.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Beth Hardy
      Participant

Will you please show a picture of this?

tubing over the braid nub and tassel join

Thank you.

Michelle Bloom
      Participant

At the end of each braid, does it matter which type of bead is the last one to braid?   If a magatama, should it be only one or two to drop?

Michelle, this and other questions will be answered during class.

Jocelyn Shaw
      Participant

I’m a bit confused about the second braid.  In the kit I have 6 8ft Slon bead cords, folded in half, so each one is about 4 ft.  I braid as directed until it measures 14 inches.  If I take it off the marudai at that point, do I tie a knot in the remaining cords to start the next braid?  Will there be enough cord for a second braid?

Jocelyn,

Your kit should have two sets of cords, there are two loops with knots.  If you did not receive these, please contact me directly [email protected].

Adrienne
        Braiding Cords SLon

Jocelyn Shaw
      Participant

Thanks Adrienne,

I double checked my kit and DO have a second set of cords.  Thanks so much!  Now things make a lot more sense.

Jocelyn

Adrienne, do you think I would run into trouble with connecting the tassel if my ribbon was 1/4″ wide instead of 3/8″?
      Diana

No, as long as it is less than 3/8 in. and not more you should be okay.

Joan Harris
      Participant

When working beads onto the braid should the beads be added before or after moving the cords?

Joan, The beads are worked into the braid in the same manner as with any beaded kongoh gumi (round braid).

Martha Schaefer
      Participant

Will there be a separate video of the “quick and easy off method” for ending the braids?

Martha, that’s the plan, just need to get a couple more hours fitted into a 24 hour day, ha ha. Sorry for the delay.

Martha Schaefer
        Participant

Thanks Adrienne!  Just waiting to take my first braid off. 🙂

Teryl Madlem
      Participant

Is 30% CW correct? Seems pretty light.

25 to 30% should be good, if it is too tight, massage it as you go and before ending and removing from disk or marudai.

Michelle Bloom
      Participant

What should the diameter of the unbeaded sections of the braid be?    Also what should the diameter of the ribbon portion of the rolled tassel be?   I ran into a problem on my second necklace because I rolled the tassel ribbon more tightly than the first.   When I got to the bottom of the embellishments, I found there wasn’t enough foundation to support the rondelles in the last row as in the upper rows.   I guess I’ll rip out the last few rows and will try to build up the bottom portion.

The braid is about 9 – 10mm in diameter. The tassel ribbon rolled up should be similar in diameter to the diameter of the two braid nubs that are stitched together.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.