- 10/08/2020 at 10:34 pm #17485
Question for Adrienne- Some time during your presentation, could you please talk about what modifications if any need to be made if using 5mm pearls instead of 4 mm pearls. Thanks.
- 10/12/2020 at 10:52 pm #17645
Michelle, I don’t think there is enough of a difference in size between 4mm and 5mm pearls to need any modifications.
- 10/11/2020 at 7:11 pm #17616
I’ve finished braiding and found that my pearl section only measures 7 1/2” even when I’ve stretched it as much as I dare. I used the recommended counterweights. I guess I must have braided too tightly. Any ideas what else might have caused this?
- This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Michelle Bloom.
- 10/12/2020 at 10:55 pm #17647
I will be posting the class video on Tuesday, sorry for the delay, it needed a lot of editing.
- 10/14/2020 at 1:26 am #17728
- 10/14/2020 at 3:18 pm #17741
I really enjoyed this class. With both the directions and the video I was able to move along well. Thanks!
- 10/15/2020 at 9:47 am #17757
Adrienne, Just want to verify that the cord included in your kit (looks like clon) is the correct cord to use with the pearls. Asking because you mentioned in the Inside/Out instructions to use wildfire or monofilament with pearls. Thanks.
- 10/25/2020 at 3:57 pm #18043
Phyllis, these are glass pearls so you can use CLon.
- 10/17/2020 at 5:00 pm #17844
I think I see a sample above, done in something other than metallic…..
But, have any of your students done this using silk or rayon or ???? before or am I going to be the “rogue” student and experiment. Still plan to use leather for stiff cord and not sure what beads.
- 10/25/2020 at 3:58 pm #18044
- 10/17/2020 at 5:09 pm #17845
I love this braid!
I’ve seen it made with what I believe is ball chain in place of the pearls. I may be wrong but I’d like to know if its possible to use a length of chain instead of pearls and if so what is the best way to accomplish this.
- 10/25/2020 at 3:59 pm #18045
- 10/19/2020 at 8:36 pm #17921
- 10/19/2020 at 8:39 pm #17923
- 10/20/2020 at 4:56 pm #17954
Only once have I worked with metallics, a few years back. Do I untwist the fibers? I can’t tell from the pictures. Also, do I put two bundles on each tama for this braid?
- 10/25/2020 at 4:01 pm #18046
It is not necessary to untwist the metallic fibers. I used 2 bundles (sections) of a 24 tama pack on each tama. This is about 48 ends per tama.
- 10/22/2020 at 3:50 pm #18008
I still have to finish the braid to make my necklace which should be about 20-21″ long. I also braided the remaining fiber for a bracelet. Now to view Adrienne’s video to finish off the braids.
Adrienne, Thank you for an incredibly detailed class / video. I love this braid!!
- 10/25/2020 at 4:02 pm #18047
- 10/30/2020 at 9:47 am #18109
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.