Tagged: i will do another inside out love the technique. Never thought that I can do this. Tks, Inside About Out Edo Yatsu - AKS Virtual Gathering, Inside Out Necklace to tell you the truth i dont like the leaves
- 10/02/2020 at 11:38 am #17110
- 10/02/2020 at 11:39 am #17111
- 10/02/2020 at 11:40 am #17112
- 10/04/2020 at 11:45 am #17317
This is a necklace made with 15º beads on four cords and melon beads combined with bicone crystals, tiny pearls, and 8º beads on the other four cords. I use Toho seed beads and am easily able to use the short big eye bead spinner needle for these tiny beads, however, I do have to have a thin silk leader thread.
- 10/08/2020 at 4:43 pm #17478
- 10/04/2020 at 11:49 am #17319
- 10/05/2020 at 12:36 pm #17351
- 10/07/2020 at 3:03 am #17443
- 10/07/2020 at 6:43 pm #17463
Laurel, I can’t wait to see how this turns out.
- 10/07/2020 at 12:32 pm #17454
- 10/07/2020 at 3:21 pm #17456
Went the pastel route – 3 bundles metallic fiber per tama, 15/0 & 11/0 seed beads, 3 & 4mm fire polished, keishi pearls.
- 10/07/2020 at 5:47 pm #17460
- 10/07/2020 at 6:45 pm #17467
Michelle, This is wonderful. Did you take a photo of your setup? Yours has such a great pattern I think it would be helpful for other students to see where you place the different colors of bead cords.
- 10/07/2020 at 8:53 pm #17468
I didn’t take a photo but will describe how I set up the bead cords. I “paired” 2 cords of 11/0’s in black matte and shiny black with 2 cords cords with 11/0’s of both blacks with a combo of 11/0’s of bright sterling and silver lined crystal that all were tossed in the bead spinner. The other set of cords had 2 with just the mix of silvers and 2 with the total black/silver mix that had 4mm Swarovski bicone crystals every inch or so. I staggered where I put the crystals as you had pointed out in your presentation For the “crystal” strands, I used 10 lb fireline since that’s all I had in the house. The other beads cords were micro slon in black and silver. I couldn’t get used to doing the edo yatsu on the diagonal for the outside section. So I “cheated” and turned the Marudai when I worked that section, then turned it back for the kawari edo yatsu.
- 10/13/2020 at 9:06 pm #17718
Michelle, If turning the marudai worked for you then go for it. I usually forget to mention that as I never do it, so thanks for sharing.
- 10/08/2020 at 4:40 pm #17477
- 10/13/2020 at 9:06 pm #17719
Beth, Please post, I am waiting with anxious excitement.
- 10/09/2020 at 12:05 am #17486
I will be calling this braid “Inside About Out.” It wasn’t pretty as I discovered a bit late I was only using 2 not 4 packages of Metallic Fiber! Two are Ancient Gold and two are bright Gold. Oh well from there I struggled but played along the way. I placed 15/0 (dark brown) on 2 cords (with copper iris tear drops), opaque pear 11/0 with white fresh water pearls and Molton Tortoise (grey/orange) with semi-flat copper iris fresh water pearls, and lastly matte galvanized copper 11/0. I learned the pearls have to be round as some of those I used look awkward with a back facing out. Also those tear drops were just too much. Overall I love the idea and will do one more before Saturday (fingers crossed).
- This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Randy Spicocchi.
- 10/13/2020 at 9:04 pm #17717
- 10/09/2020 at 11:44 am #17490
I’m not sure I’ll get to braid today but wanted to post my layout. I can’t wait to see how it turns out! Using 4mm green rainforest rhyolite jasper, chocolate brown keshi pearls, 2mm polychrome sage and citrus druk, 2mm micro spacers in dark bronze and full apricot along with matte green and transparent green 11/o seed beads. The metallic is color #51. 2.8m/24
- This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Diana Miglionico-Shiraishi. Reason: adding text
- 10/09/2020 at 11:49 am #17491
For the inside braid I used the varigated purple metallic. The outside braid has 4 cords of 11/o seed beads (2 gold and 2 olive-purple); 2 cords of 8/o seed beads; and 2 cords of 3×3 cube beads with a 11/o seed bead between each the cubes.
- 10/09/2020 at 6:01 pm #17497
- 10/10/2020 at 4:17 am #17555
I don’t get “the feel” for a braid unless I practice it a few times. So luckily I had a two day window to experiment. The Silver Metallic (4 bundles), 2.5mm peacock color nugget pearls (baroque 8mm), crystal magic wine 3.4mm drops, 3mm melon luster iris amethyst, 11/0 demi crystal bronze lined rainbow, 11/0 demi blue amethyst gold luster, 11/0 demi copper magic, 11/0 takumi toho hemetite metallic
This will likely look better in the morning.
- This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Randy Spicocchi.
- 10/13/2020 at 9:01 pm #17715
Randy, this is gorgeous. I like to do something new at three times but preferably five times, and also quickly, so that the last braid is still fresh in my mind when I start the next one. This really helps not only learn the structure/project but it also helps me refine the process. I often find a better or faster way to do this something if I follow this rule.
- 10/10/2020 at 3:56 pm #17586
- 10/13/2020 at 8:57 pm #17713
- 10/10/2020 at 8:43 pm #17600
- 10/13/2020 at 8:56 pm #17712
Hope, I really love your color choices, good job.
- 10/13/2020 at 8:55 pm #17711
- 10/14/2020 at 1:33 am #17729
- 10/16/2020 at 12:04 pm #17771
Inside Out Edo Yatsu Necklace by Alice Forsyth-Bowley
Gold Metallic Braid underlay with olive green and rust colored seed beads, green cut crystals, beige Czech crystals, mother of pearl rust colored chips, two sizes of unakite beads and 3 large cut soap stone beads.
- 10/16/2020 at 3:36 pm #17786
- 10/16/2020 at 6:31 pm #17795
- 10/16/2020 at 6:36 pm #17796
- 10/16/2020 at 10:34 pm #17800
Turquoise Inside Out Edo Yatsu
11/0 Delica Opaque Cranberry
5-6MM Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Nuggets
8/0 Czech Etched Lava Red
8/0 Unions – Crystal Sunset Matte
5x8MM ZoliDuo – Crystal Etched
2 Ropes Japanese Silk – 2/16
Fireline – 6lb Smoke
Banyan Bay Studio – Dyed Wood, Magnetic End Clasp
- This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by beth hardy.
- 10/19/2020 at 2:32 pm #17910
I went for the Mardi Gras look with this one.
- 10/21/2020 at 10:59 am #17978
- 10/22/2020 at 1:43 pm #18007
Here’s my setup – I went for blues, greens, and metallic.
I found this to be a very challenging braid for what I had thought were my intermediate skills, but very rewarding. I found the metallic fiber handled very differently than silk, and I wish I knew of some good tips for keeping it in line.
Now waiting for endcaps to finish into a necklace. 🙂
- 10/27/2020 at 3:54 pm #18066
Metallic silk thread with strings of labradorite, teals 8s, black 11s, spinnel, and silver metal beads.
- 11/08/2020 at 9:29 am #18160
- 11/08/2020 at 3:36 pm #18162
- 11/28/2020 at 3:03 pm #18206
The necklace I finally completed includes jasper chips and size 8 Miyuki beads. I chose to mix the metallic silk with a silk yarn to make it a similar tone to the beaded section. Still undecided whether I will use a toggle or lobster clasp.
- This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by DENISE WOZNY.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.