AKS Gathering 2018 Teaching Application
Thank you for your interest in teaching at the AKS Gathering 2018. We’re very excited for our 2nd annual event, and we are looking forward to new and challenging projects from our teachers. This form is the first step in submitting your projects for consideration by our teaching committee. We will give every entry careful consideration for inclusion in our curriculum, but please keep in mind that submissions for new classes that have not been previously taught and are unpublished will have a higher probability of acceptance.
You may submit more than on project for consideration.
Deadline for submissions is February 20th, 2018
Teacher Compensation & Benefits
- Up to $300 per day per class. $200 up to 8 students with an additional $25 per student of 9 to 12 students. Instructor to determine class size with a maximum of 12 students.
- All classes consist of 6 hours of teaching time plus a one hour lunch break.
- $75 travel stipend for each day you are of teaching.
- AKS Gathering fee waived.
- Complimentary lunch on Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
- Those instructors teaching one or two days, will receive a free one day class. Kit materials are not included.
- Complimentary 1/4 page color advertisement in the AKS Conference Publication.
- The AKS Gathering will have one evening scheduled for a Teachers Reception and Marketplace. All teachers will be given a table at no cost to sell their books, kits and other kumihimo supplies. Food and drink is provided to teachers during set-up.
- During the Teacher’s Marketplace AKS will sell raffle tickets to attendees. Instructors are encouraged to donate a raffle item. The raffle item can be a tool, book, braided item etc. Teachers who donate an item will receive a free half page ad in the Conference Publication. This ad will replace the Teacher’s free 1/4 page ad.
- Instructors will be expected to market the AKS Gathering via student lists, on your web site and social media (Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.)