This 7-Strand braided Pearl Necklace is created solely for the class of AKS virtual Gathering. The necklace features an artfully blended mix of beads in different sizes, colors and shapes. In the project, a pattern design is introduced for a beaded focal section in 7-Strand pearl necklace. This pattern design will open up a lot of possibilities for creating varieties of stylish braided projects with some of your bead stash. In the class, the pattern principle, the template I created, and the techniques to set up the bead sequencing will be described and demonstrated, as well as other techniques used in this design.
Kit: $66.00, includes kit and USPS shipping. In the kit: instructions, all required beads (bicone and roundel crystal beads, fresh water pearls, daggers, antique silver beads & Japanese seed beads), set of 11pc shell pearls, 7pc S-Lon cords (pre-cut) and a core cord, end cap clasp, a paper 7 Strand template.
Supply List for students not purchasing a kit:
• 7 strands 36” long S-Lon Tex 135 (0.4mm) pre-tied together
• 12 6º (4mm) Japanese seed beads
• 12 4mm silver daisy beads and 15 silver leaf beads
• 12 4mm crystal bicone
• 10 silver leaves and 11 shell pearls
• 1 end-cap clasp (inside diameter of 4mm)
• 12 3×11 mm dagger beads
• 12 top hole fresh water pearls
• 12 6mm or 8mm crystal roundel
• 12 long magatama
• 620 8/0 Japanese seed beads (approx. 13 grams)
• 28 in. piece of 2mm core cord
• Paper template for 7-strand braid; template will be included in the PDF instruction.
Instructor: Yin Guang
Skill Level: Prior experience with 7-Strand (aka Fill the Gap) braiding with beads is essential.