Responsibilities of Board members:
- Support AKS and its mission*
- Maintain active annual membership in AKS
- Give time, attend at least 75% of AKS board meetings and make every effort to be on time and to stay until each meeting’s conclusion
- Serve on at least on one standing committee or subcommittee
- Join other board members in making an annual, personal financial contribution of any amount (to meet 100% board participation)
- Actively participate in fundraising activities
- Review quarterly financial reports, annual budgets, major expenditures and fund management
- Serve as an active advocate and ambassador for AKS
- Make decisions guided by the needs of AKS members
- Respond within 48 hours to emails or calls regarding AKS business
- Sign annually: Board Commitment Form and Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form
*Mission: The mission of the American Kumihimo Society (AKS) is to deepen the appreciation of the art of braiding while providing educational resources, support, and connections for the braiding community worldwide.
- Board applicant must be a member in good standing of AKS.
- Board meetings are held bi-monthly by teleconference.
- Board members serve two-year terms and may serve additional terms if re-elected.
Thank you for your interest joining the Board
Inquiries and additional questions can be sent to:
Margaret Hunter, Chair, AKS Nominating Committee