- These examples use a benchmark of 50 students which is a conservative enrollment estimate based on previous Virtual Gatherings
Option 1 – Live Format
50 students x $27 per student
Option 2 – Hands On, 2 sessions
20 interactive students x 2 sessions, $27 per student per session = $1,080
30 viewing students x 2 sessions, $9 per student per session = $540
Option 3 – Hands On, 3 sessions
20 interactive students x 3 sessions, $27 per student per session = $1,620
30 viewing students x 3 sessions, $9 per student per session = $810
- We encourage multiple proposals.
- New and unpublished projects will receive greater consideration.
- Workshops that develop new skills or build/expand current skills will receive greater consideration.
- AKS will work with potential instructors to determine the best type of workshop for the proposed class.
- AKS will promote Virtual Gatherings. Instructors are also expected to promote their class.
- Whether or not kits are available from the instructor, all materials must be easily sourced by attendees.
- Proposal submissions must be 4 months prior to the event selected.
- AKS will notify prospective instructors at least 3 months before the event.
- Once AKS accepts a proposal, the instructor will be contacted and provided with a contract which will include a schedule for final submission of class deliverables.
- Photograph your artwork on a neutral background, preferably white. If your piece is white or very pale, photograph on a middle-value gray background.
- Digital images should not be cropped too closely, leave at least 1/2 inch of the background visible.
- If necessary, artwork can be photographed from different angles and closeup shots are encouraged. Up to five photos can be submitted for each entry.
- Digital image specifications: jpeg, maximum 2 MB, square cropped preferred – photo will be sized after submission.
AKS respects the intellectual property and copyright protections of the instructors. We notify attendees that they are prohibited from distributing materials, copying videos, teaching, or profiting from commercial use related to taking an AKS class. Instructors may add their own copyright notice.